Dr. Jay Harris Levy
Dr. Levy is one of the most widely known and respected retina surgeons and vitreous specialists in South Florida. A native of Miami, Dr. Levy received his medical degree from the University of Miami and completed his internship at Jackson Memorial Hospital. He served as Chief Resident during his Ophthalmology Residency at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, in association with the Johns Hopkins Hospital. As a Fellow in Vitreoretinal Disease and Surgery, Dr. Levy received additional subspecialty training at White Memorial Medical Center in Los Angeles.
Dr. Levy is a Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners, a Board Certified Ophthalmologist and a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and American College of Surgeons. He is also a member of the American Society of Retina Specialists. He has been published in medical journals, has served as a speaker at national ophthalmologic meetings and was awarded a Travel Fellowship from the Association for Research and Vision in Ophthalmology.
Dr. Levy has been recognized as one of America’s Most Compassionate Doctors. The Compassionate Doctor certification is part of the Patients’ Choice recognition program, where patients rate and vote for their favorite doctors. While physicians generally receive positive feedback from their patients, only a select few receive praise about the compassion that accompanied their care. In fact, of the nation’s 870,000 active doctors, only 3 percent were accorded this honor by their patients in 2012.
El Dr. Levy habla español con fluidez.
Education & Training
- Medical Degree – University of Miami
- Internship – Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Ophthalmology Residency – Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, in association with the Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Vitreoretinal Disease and Surgery Fellowship – White Memorial Medical Center in Los Angeles
- The Miami Medical Center
- The Miami Medical Center on YouTube
- North Miami Beach Surgical Center
- Larkin Community Hospital
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Member of the American Society of Retina Specialists
Honors & Awards
- Awarded a Travel Fellowship from the Association for Research and Vision in Ophthalmology
- recognized as one of America’s Most Compassionate Doctors
Dr. Levy is committed to excellence in the medical and surgical management of retina, macula, and vitreous disease. As a subspecialist within ophthalmology, he is uniquely qualified to provide the highest level of eye care to our patients using the most sophisticated technology available.
Dr. Levy strives to improve each patient’s quality of life through the prevention and treatment of Retina, Macula and Vitreous disease.
Retinal Imaging, Treatment And Surgery
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Fundus Photography
- Fluorescein Angiography
- Indocyanine Green Angiography
- Eye Ultrasound – B-Scan
- Intravitreal Injections
- Retinal Lasers
- Pneumatic Retinopexy
- Scleral Buckle
Fax: (305) 655-0499
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM